Structured Product Surveillance
Job Title: Structured Product Surveillance
Location: Los Angeles (Century City)
- Will be required to model CLO waterfalls and various metrics as outlined in fund documents (Eligibility Criteria, Collateral Quality Tests, Coverage Tests)
- Carry out weekly performance analysis on CLO portfolios and present results to the Portfolio Management team; discuss portfolio risks and assess portfolio strategy.
- Compute waterfall projections and pro forma distribution analysis for CLO portfolios. Must be able to assess risks and issues, and escalate to appropriate parties to address and resolve.
- Field investor requests via Business Development Group/Marketing for both primary/new issue and existing CLOs
- Shadow Trustee monthly reports and quarterly payment date reports
- Run CLO cash flow models for management fee budgeting and forecasting, IRR analysis, and NAV/liquidation scenarios
- Perform hypothetical trade scenarios upon request and ongoing compliance reviews on CLO portfolios
- Carry out ad-hoc portfolio analysis for Senior Management and Portfolio Management teams.
- Liaise with Accounting and Operations Departments on an as needed basis
- Assist in the process of issuing new CLOs, assist in monitoring and managing of existing CLOs and assist in the due diligence related to investing in third party CLO Notes.
- Oversee various elements of new CLOs from warehousing, to Closing, through Effective Date.
- Assist with the liquidation / deleveraging of aged CLOs.
Education: Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Finance or related discipline preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working with CLOs; Asset management experience strongly preferred
- Syndicated leveraged loan asset class experience required
- Solid understanding of CLO/CDO mechanics and documentation a must;
- Deep understanding of a CLO’s life-cycle;
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting and excellent Excel skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Highly organized, detail orientated, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously of differing priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- A team player who is willing to get involved in all aspects of the role and is eager to work in an open team environment with a transparent interaction between colleagues of all levels;
- Ability to operate independently, and creatively solve problems while working with a fair amount of autonomy and self-initiative;
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate strong research and analytical skills and understand the risks inherent in the CLO product;
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Finance or related discipline preferred