Sr Data Management Analyst
Job Title: Sr Data Management Analyst
Location: Downtown LA, Remote
The Senior Investment Data Management Analyst assist within managing, maintaining and controlling the more complex investment-related records/data leveraged by the Investments, Accounting, Risk and Legal departments. Exercises considerable independent judgment and discretion in designing and implementing key performance indicators, dashboards and other tools critical to the success of the investment data management function.
- Serves as the data steward for the Investment departments data assets (e.g., Bloomberg, IDC, Reuters, AIM).
- Assists in managing the necessary business and control processes to ensure AEL’s security master records are mastered and made available to the necessary stakeholders in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Assists in identifying and remediating existing business process gaps that preclude AEL’s Investment Operations team from providing accurate security master reference information on a daily basis.
- Partners with Portfolio Managers and Traders to identify and prioritize data requirements/gaps and communicate effectively with senior management to ensure those requirements are met and gaps are eliminated.
- Participates in cross-functional/department initiatives aimed at improving the overall data quality of AEL’s data assets.
- Develops relationships and partners with internal and external clients/vendors to improve upon AEL’s Investment Operations department.
- Stays abreast of regulatory and industries changes that may/will impact the Investment Data Management function at AEL and make recommendations to senior management to ensure such changes are managed appropriately and thoroughly.
- Partners with internal departments and external auditors to improve upon the design and effectiveness of existing control processes and recommend and implement additional control processes as appropriate.
- Designs and implements KPIs, SLAs and management dashboards aimed at ensuring the critical functions of the teams are identified, monitors and controlled.
- Makes recommendations around the use, management and dissemination of investment data in a manner that respects the concepts of data lineage and governance.
- Influences key stakeholders and decision makers with respect to controlling, mastering and reporting on investment data management.
- Understands and appreciates “best practices” related to an enterprise Investment Data Management function and works to incorporate those practices into AEL’s existing operating model.
- Provides subject matter expertise to junior analysts.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, plus four (4) or more years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 4+ years’ experience working for an asset management firm or hedge fund in middle and back-office operations preferred.
- Familiarity with/knowledge of Bloomberg, Bloomberg AIM, PAM for Investments, PAM for Securities, SOX/SOC 1 control framework, Data Visualization Tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI), Reconciliation Software (e.g., Electra STARS, DUCO), Data Mastering tools (Bloomberg Data Management, Markit EDM), SWIFT messaging, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Data Governance/Lineage/Quality preferred.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Advanced attention to numeric and other detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical/operational procedures.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.