Job Title: Operations Associate
Location: Los Angeles, California
The Operations Associate will be responsible for supporting the back and middle office functions of the firm in accordance with the agreed service level agreements or relevant client services deadlines. This position will be involved in several aspects of the operations department including settlements, pricing, and performance.
- Assist in the settlement of all securities.
- Reconciliation of cash and positions for accounts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Daily monitoring of cash and security positions in client accounts.
- Monitor daily and monthly account performance versus benchmark return.
- Provide daily cash availability and forecasted balances to Portfolio Management.
- Follow up on unconfirmed trades, trade breaks and failed trades.
- Monitor and follow up on corporate actions.
- Monitor FX forwards.
- Monitor leverage for cash management purposes and report to Portfolio Management.
- Monitor bank loans, booking on ClearPar, review trade confirmations & funding memos.
- Conduct monthly closing process by reconciliations of market values, performance, security positions and cash.
- Confirm the accuracy and completeness of transactions, performance and data for client accounts including reviewing accounts for discrepancies or irregularities.
- Liaise and provide information to various departments within the firm.
- Produce monthly GIPS performance reporting.
- Oversee and monitor of our middle and back-office service provider.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Min.3 years’ experience working for Prime Broker, Asset Manager or Fund Administrator
- Fixed income and bank loan industry experience preferable
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg,
- Must be detail-oriented, hard-working and willing to roll-up his/her sleeves
- Excel skills: Find & Replace, Filter & Sort, Conditional Formatting, Remove Duplicates, Short-Cut, Macros, ability to manage, sort, and analyze large data sets via Excel pivot tables, ability to isolate and locate information via the VLOOKUP function, ability to link data and filtering.