Investment Advisor Associate
Job Title: Associate Vice President
Location: Los Angeles (Century City)
- Serve as primary operational and administrative contact for high-net-worth and institutional clients; provide daily client service
- Work closely with operations, marketing, performance, and portfolio management teams to conduct analysis of client portfolios
- Manage new account opening and ongoing account monitoring processes
- Initiate and monitor transfers and asset allocation changes
- Maintain contact management database
- Collaborate with management to improve advisor practices and procedures in support of efforts to increase revenue and provide exceptional customer service
- Coordinate client meetings and marketing presentations
Education: Undergraduate degree
- 5 to 7 years client service working with high net worth individuals at an investment management firm, private bank, or broker/dealer with history of increasing responsibilities.
- Knowledge of equity and fixed income markets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of asset allocation concepts.
- Experience with and knowledge of paperwork and workflow associated with custodians such as Charles Schwab and/or Fidelity Investments.
- Knowledge of nuances in setting up various account registrations, including documentation required and limitations behind such registrations.
- Commitment to, and demonstrated history of, providing the best service levels to clients as well as to internal constituents.
- Comfortable interacting with high net worth individuals in a face to face setting or over the phone.
- Teamwork – ability to collaborate in a professional and constructive manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to synthesize a recommendation or solution based on disparate and sometimes, incomplete, information.
- Proficiency in use of portfolio accounting systems (i.e., APL), CRM’s, Excel, Word, and database software, and web-based systems of various custodians.