Foreign Exchange Trading Assistant
Job Title: Foreign Exchange Trading Assistant
Location: Los Angeles (Downtown LA)
- Daily review of currency targets, exposures and hedging ratios.
- Trading staging – structure and process trade requests, booking and post-trade monitoring. As needed, coordinate with settlements, compliance, regulatory area and operations.
- Assist in account on-boarding and other related activity for account approvals
- If trading, trading includes spot, forwards, hedging, overlays, FX swaps, outrights, deliverable and non-deliverable currencies
- Staying on top of global currency markets and assisting with market write ups and reflection of views internally and externally
- Ad hoc projects may include data retrieval and processing, assisting in creating or updating presentations etc
- Strong communication skills necessary, verbal and written
- Must be strong in Microsoft Excel (and other basic office applications)
- Not necessary but would be bonus if they are familiar with Bloomberg and/or FX Connect
- Must be open to enrolling in the CFA program, preferred if already a charter holder or alternatively if a level 2 or 3 candidate
- Ideal candidate would have 1-3 years experience in finance, currency and/or fixed income preferred