Type Of Position:
International Fixed Income (IFI)
The Trader/Compliance Specialist will work closely with the senior International Fixed Income (IFI) Traders in aiding the Portfolio Managers (PM’s) with trade execution and resolution of any trade issues. He/she will also assist the PM with trading allocations and compliance for the different accounts. He/she will also assist with various related portfolio monitoring and reporting functions.
Primary Function & Responsibilities:
Work with senior Traders and PM’s in executing purchases and sales of IFI sovereign and corporate cash securities (hard and local currency debt), FX and derivatives (CDS, swaps, credit-linked notes).
- Resolve trade issues.
- Report market color/news to PM’s and Analysts.
- Assist PM’s in monitoring compliance limits in various accounts.
- Assist with end-of-day portfolio pricing.
- Provide market-related insight that helps PM’s identify relative value opportunities for the accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end and other periodic client reporting and communication
- BA/BS, preferably in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field.
- 1-3 years of appropriate credit trading experience; currency experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with local settlement and experience assisting back/middle office with local settlement issues.
- Knowledge of local market conventions is a plus.
- Comfortable interacting with sell side brokers and their back office personnel.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg.
- Comfortable interacting with and taking direction from senior investment professionals.
- Proficiency in foreign EM languages (Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, etc.) is a plus, but not required.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.