El Segundo, CA (Los Angeles, CA)
Firm is based in El Segundo, California and manages assets for related insurance companies and third party life insurance and property and casualty insurance companies.
• They have 150 employees. • Publicly traded
Senior Project Manager:
The Senior Project Manager delivers IT orientated projects with significant impact on the front office and support functions at its headquarters located in El Segundo, CA. This role interfaces and engages directly with the Front Office Portfolio, Risk, and Operational managers. The ideal candidate enjoys a challenge and has the ability to frame and communicate complex issues in a way that everyone can understand.
Technology is central to our success and key to maintaining our competitive edge.
- Interface with business leads, portfolio managers & researchers to lead, manage and document project activity
- Manage all project artifacts; decision, risk and issue logs, project plan, budget trackers, presentations etc.
- Lead project workstream meetings, aligning stakeholders with project goals
- Drive the design and decision making process with business subject matter experts, across all project work streams
- Ensure clear communication is maintained across the project team and externally to all stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or similar field
- 10+ years project management experience, ideally for an asset management firm
- Experience running programs consisting multiple sub-projects across multi year periods
- Experience with outsourcing type of projects
- Proficient in both waterfall and agile methodologies
- High degree of financial product literacy
- Experience working directly with trading desks and/or portfolio managers
- Experience performing detailed business analysis, data analysis
- Strong understanding of data and technology architecture
- Knowledge of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) Process and/or project management methodologies
- Highly proactive, willing to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution
- Has the ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Ability to create a structure project out an unstructured problem statement
- Strong teamwork, communication and time management abilities
- Organizationally diligent and meticulous with details
- Enthusiasm for learning about investment management and across various asset classes: Fixed Income, Alternative Investments, Structured Products, Equity options, etc.
- Is personable, open, and engaging, with a customer-facing attitude