Los Angeles, CA (century city)
Investment firm Investment Management (“Kayne”) is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join the team as Compliance Director. This position is responsible for supporting and advancing the overall compliance program for Investment firm (“INVESTMENT FIRM”) including overall design, implementation and ongoing protocols to address the compliance requirements for the business and activities for INVESTMENT FIRM.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the compliance oversight of INVESTMENT FIRM’s institutional business; including the oversights of the equity, wrap, and fixed income trading desks. Working closely with Traders and Portfolio Managers
- Responsible for the approval and review of new institutional accounts, including the review of investment policy states, new account paperwork, and in conjunction with the legal department, the review of tailored contracts
- Participates in the view of firm Institutional Marketing campaigns – this includes presentations, marketing commentaries, RFP responses, websites and similar ad hoc marketing pieces and approving the firm’s marketing materials to ascertain they are in compliance with GIPS® and all federal regulatory requirements within established guidelines
- Participates with CCO in ensuring the Adviser and the Funds are in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations (i.e. SEC, ERISA, FINRA and various states)
- Responsible to review and analyze trading reports to perform best execution testing and identify trends or patterns and report results to the Best Execution Committee
- Responsible for the review and analysis of attribution reports pertaining to our model strategies, and report results to the Risk and Investment Committee
- Responsible for guideline monitoring and trading surveillance for INVESTMENT FIRM as mandated by the applicable investment management agreements, applicable prospectus, statement of additional information, internal limits and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for, on a continuing basis that investment guidelines are properly coded in the compliance monitoring systems (Longview, Charles River, Bloomberg) and other manual calculations as required for existing portfolios. On boards new portfolios to ensure the same.
- Monitors prospectus and other changes to guidelines and adjusts portfolio guidelines to ensure all rules are properly coded within the appropriate systems.
- Responsible for review of 3rd party due diligence reports
- Responsible for the approval of override of restrictions in the trade order management systems.
- Assist in the development and/or revising procedures designed to ensure compliance with the Investment Advisers and Investment Company Acts
- Assist the CCO with on-site due diligence meetings, quarterly and annual reports and certifications from our institutional clients.
- Responsible for the vendor management process, as it relates to the institutional business
- Back up CCO with aspects of the compliance department
- Participates in various INVESTMENT FIRM and Virtus Committees
- Resolves complex problems using a combination of technical and business experience in written and verbal form
- Participate in and contribute to compliance projects, as necessary
- Master’s degree and/or 8+ years of compliance experience or an equivalent combination of education experience. Applies expertise and knowledge or in-depth experience of several areas within a function5+ years’ experience as a compliance officer with an investment adviser specializing the institutional and fund market place
- May require completion of certified compliance professional designation
- Skilled in identifying problems/making decisions (e.g. prioritization of taks; interpretation of rules and policies) with in-depth knowledge of regulations and interpretations under the Investment Adviser Act of 1940 and Investment Company Act of 1940
- Broad knowledge of securities’ law including ERISA, FINRA and State regulations
- Knowledge of portfolio compliance, trading, marketing and back-office operations
- Designs programs and policies for area of responsibility
- Provides clarity for others to accept new ideas or changing concepts and initiates and orchestrates the pace of change
- Supports the establishment of project objectives, checkpoints and timeliness to meet project tasks and expectations.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills and diplomacy
- Detail-oriented with the ability to establish priorities, work independently, handle interruption and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Good judgment with the ability to make timey and sound decisions, not only from a compliance perspective but also from a business perspective.
- Highly motivated (self-starter) with a team player and collaborative approach to work.
- Ability to work with all levels of management, with a positive solutions based approach
- Detail oriented
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Competitive salary DOE
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k plan
- Meals provided daily
- Potential for bonus participation
A competitive compensation will be offered. Details will be discussed at the appropriate time with interested, qualified candidates.
For additional general information on Investment firm, please access the firm’s web site at www.kayne.com.
No phone calls please