Data Management & Valuation Analyst
Job Title: Data Management & Valuation Analyst
Location: El Segundo, US (primary)
The Data Management and Valuation Analyst is responsible for accurate, timely and complete set up of security attributes, issuer attributes and other data sets that support the investment and compliance processes within Athene Asset Management (“AAM”). Additionally, the Analyst performs daily and monthly valuation activity for the AAM book of Fixed Income and Alternative assets.
- Responsible for accurate setup of SMF security information in AAM trading, accounting and data management systems
- Helps maintain proprietary SMF “golden source” database and exception processing rules
- Maintains issuer lists for compliance testing and ensures accuracy
- Assists the Valuation Supervisor in daily and monthly pricing tasks, to include price gathering, price validation and reporting
- Troubleshoots data submission errors and data error issues
- Provide support for the SOC-1 (SSAE18) and SOX audit activities
- Performs and documents procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis
- Escalates issues in a timely manner to the Management Team
- Ensures completion of daily processes
- Perform special projects as needed
- Understands the markets and the changing landscape of regulations and/or significant market events that impact the portfolio and reconciliation processes
- Assists with ad hoc requests and provides coverage for functional responsibilities, as needed.
- Works closely with other areas within Investment Operations
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics
- Two years’ plus experience in a Data Management role supporting a fixed income asset manager.
- Experience with Fixed Income, Structured Products and Alternative Investments.
- Experience using common industry solutions such as BlackRock Aladdin, State Street’s PAM for Investments, Bloomberg, Markit EDM or equivalent.